Fawn: Fairy Tussie-Mussie

Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fairy Tussie-Mussie

Just a quick tutorial on how to create a different kind of  tussie-mussie. Usually they're filled with flowers, but I thought I'd put a  twist on one by topping it with a clear glass ornament filled with a little winged cutie.

Supplies used-
Pattern paper -Melissa Frances
Flowers and pearl embellishment - Prima
Fairy-Art chix Studio
Clear ornaments- I picked some up at Michael's
Instructions-

Use a cone template to trace your paper. I just googled  "cone template" and a ton came up.
Next, cut out your paper and roll it into the shape of a cone. Glue edges together and let dry.
Take the clear ornament, unscrew the cap and place the fairy inside, screw the cap back on.You may need to put a little glue on the bottom of her feet to help her stand up in the globe. Glue around the bottom edge of the ornament and place inside the cone.

Now the fun part! Embellish the cone as you wish. Add some flowers, ribbon, pearls, anything you like! 



3 comments:

  1. So glad I found your blog. Really loved your article in Somerset Life. Truly amazing creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Sonia! I've yet to see the article and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really happy to see you posting more often Rachel :-)
    Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete