Fawn: Valentine Decor

Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Valentine Decor

Valentine's Day will soon be here and I am in full decorating mode. I LOVE Valentine's Day. It's right up there with Halloween. As much as I adore the classic reds and pinks for Valentine's, this year I wanted to change it up a bit with sea foam blue and gold. 

The project today uses my favorite Xyron machine - the 5" Creative Station.  Before my Creative Station came along, I was using glue that would take forever to dry and would bubble up my paper. It drove me nuts! With the Creative Station, I simply feed the paper through the machine and apply it onto the wood block. No mess, no drying time and no bubbled up paper. 

Instructions:
Apply acrylic paint to wood blocks, chunky heart, finial and mini candlestick and allow to dry. Using wood glue, attach candlestick to wood block and let dry. Attach finial to top of wood block as well.
Run paper card through the 5" Creative Station and apply to block. 


After I painted the wood heart, I cut stretchy sequin trim to fit the heart. I then used my Xyron Mega Runner across the top of the heart and attached the trim. Pretty quick and easy, eh?


Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Supplies used:
Xyron 5" Creative Station
Xyron Mega Runner
Mini candlesticksphoto blockschunky heart - The Wood Connection
paint-  Sea Foam, Delta
wood glue
gold sequin trim


No comments:

Post a Comment