Fawn: Nursery Decor Using Summer Stories

Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Nursery Decor Using Summer Stories


Today I'd love to share with you two nursery decor projects using the Summer Stories collection from Teresa Collins. My sister recently had a beautiful baby girl and I wanted to give her some handmade decor pieces for the nursery.  I fell in love with the soft blues, grays and cotton candy pinks in this line; they also happen to match the new baby's nursery perfectly! 


The first project is a wall hang using a chipboard backdrop that I painted  ivory. I  layered different patterns and colors of paper from the Summer Stories collection. I attached a vintage photo of a baby and made a little banner using die cuts, buttons and twine.  Using the "flashcards" sheet of paper, I cut out the word "baby" and adhered it to the bottom of the panel. 


Here's a little pillow I made out of muslin and then embellished with a die cut and button banner.  I also stitched "xox" in the upper corner using light blue thread.  I used fabric glue to adhere the floppy blossom ribbon down the side of the pillow. 





I'm sure you're LOVING this new collection as much as I am!

 Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

Supplies used-

Pattern paper- Summer Stories: Flashcards A and B side
Summer Stories buttons and chipboard embellishments
Summer Stories Die Cut Sheet
Summer Stories Enamel Dots
Summer Stories 6x6 pad ( blue flashcard paper)







No comments:

Post a Comment