Fawn: Halloween Countdown

Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Halloween Countdown

 I love Halloween and the anticipation of a countdown always adds to the excitement for the spooky day. While I've always created a countdown for Christmas, I've never done one for Halloween. I decided to create a little haunted Halloween village this year for our daughter to enjoy. 

Instead of the traditional palette of orange and black, I thought I'd shake things up a bit and add some mint and pink to the project. You could create a haunted village for all thirty-one days or just do a few days. I thought ten would be a perfect number for this countdown. 




I used my Cricut Explore Air 2 machine to cut out the entire village. Simply search "houses" in Cricut Design Space and several fun ones will pop up. These little houses are perfect because they double as mini favor boxes to put in little treats and trinkets.  



I cut out several bats and attached them to the houses using glue dots or you could use any kind of adhesive you'd like! 

Using your cutting machine, cut out as many numbers as you'd like for your countdown. I liked the stars and pumpkins so I cut numbers into those fun shapes. Next, attach the pumpkin and star numbers to the haunted houses. 


 Fill each haunted house box with little Halloween surprises like erasers, squishes and treats that your kids will love. Now your little haunted Halloween village is all ready to go!


Thanks so much for stopping by! 






No comments:

Post a Comment