Fawn: New Neighbor BOO Kit

Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

New Neighbor BOO Kit

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #SpookySavings #BOOItForward #CollectiveBias
Hover over this image to shop for the MARS® Bat Bag to add to your BOO kit! It's THAT easy! 

Moving can be scary. 
The packing, the moving of the heavy stuff, the updating of the address, changing utilities, unpacking...the list goes on and on and it can be downright frightening!  

So when I heard several new families were moving into the neighborhood, I wanted to make their move a little less nerve-wracking and treat them to a New Neighbor BOO Kit! 

In keeping with the "moving is scary" theme, I decided to put together these fun BOO kits to bring over to the new neighbors. I filled the kits with delicious treats from the MARS® Bat Bag and other Halloween goodies. 

I headed to Sam's Club since it is my go-to spot for buying anything in bulk. As soon as I spotted the MARS® Bat Bag, I knew it would be perfect for the BOO kits. I needed a large amount of candy  at an affordable price and this bag was exactly what I was looking for.  



Want to put together your own New Neighbor BOO kit? It's quick and easy so let's get started!

What you'll need:

  • Small wood crates
  • Acrylic paints in colors of your choosing ( I used ivory, orange and black)
  • Foam brushes
  • List of helpful phone numbers
  • Ribbon
  • Halloween images on vinyl
  • MARS® Bat Bag or MARS® Mad Scientist

I found these adorable mini crates at my local craft store and knew they'd be perfect for the BOO kits. 

Using a foam brush, paint the entire crate using the acrylic paint color of your choice. Be sure to let it dry completely before moving on to the next step.


When the paint has dried, apply the Halloween vinyl image to the crate. You can either use your electronic cutting machine to cut out the shapes or purchase them inexpensively off Etsy.


Type and print out numbers you think would be helpful to the new neighbors and cut them out. I added magnets to the back of my list so they could conveniently place them on their fridge.
Punch a small hole in the upper corner of the list.

Fill the kits with a bit of basket shred. This will cushion all those yummy treats and goodies you'll be placing inside, plus it just gives it more of a finished look.

Thread ribbon through the phone numbers list and tie to the crate. 

Add a few more strands of ribbon in fun Halloween colors and patterns to give a little pop of color to the BOO kits.

Now comes the REALLY fun part! Fill the crate with  MARS® Bat Bag goodies and other fun things you think your neighbors might enjoy. I added some Halloween playing cards, a few pens, stickers and some fun Halloween tissue packs. I also tucked in a card welcoming them to the neighborhood and letting them know how happy we are to have them here! 


Here's a look at a couple other ways to design your BOO kit. I love the ghost and the BOO script and thought they looked adorable on the crates. 







And there you have it! A spooktastic way to welcome new friends into the neighborhood.

So get creative and have fun with your BOO kits! Your neighbors will appreciate it and the kits are so cute, you just might want to make one for yourself!

Be sure to check out the hashtags #SpookySavings and #BOOItForward on social media for some fun Halloween inspiration!





No comments:

Post a Comment